Veggie Crunchy Pizza
By July 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 1 hr 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 mins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt to taste
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup baby spinach fresh
- 1/2 sweet green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cups green zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cups white onion chopped in small pieces
- 1 cups Marinara sauce (fresh tomato sauce)
- MAKE THE DOUGH: Heat two cups of water (warm at 100F). Combine 4 cups of flour and two tbsp of salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl or in a mix on medium-low speed. Add olive oil and water until form a dough.
- Add more water if needed and transfer the dough into a oiled surface, then knead with your hands the rough sticky ball until no longer sticky, about 10 times (use more oil if needed). Let rest 5 minutes and cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before (overnight) use it.
- FOR THE TOPPINGS: Meanwhile in a large bowl chopped all vegetables to be ready. MAKE THE SAUCE: Pour the oil into a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and red pepper, cook over medium heat, turning the garlic one or twice until it is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, onion, celery, basil, oregano and salt to taste. Cook for 20 minutes and stirring occasionally, or until the sauce is thickened. Remove from the pan and pass the sauce through a blender and puree. Taste for seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Uncover the dough and place on a floured surface and press out the air bubbles. Pat and strech the dough out into a 14-to 16-inch circle and 1/4 inch thick, leave the border of the dough slightly thicker.
- In a large circle baking sheet spray or rub olive oil, and generously with flour. Carefully place the circle of the dough, make sure is no sticking. Spread a thin layer of sauce on pizza, leaving the border.
- Place the pizza into the over and bake for 15 minutes, remove the pizza and top with the mozzarella, vegetables, parmesan and with the sauce, drizzle with olive oil. Bake for other 15minutes or until crust browns.